Historical Racing Machine Facility in Louisville, Kentucky Supports Purse Structure at Churchill Downs Racetrack
LOUISVILLE, Ky., June 08, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Churchill Downs Incorporated (“CDI”) (Nasdaq: CHDN) announced today plans to reopen Derby City Gaming, its historical racing machine property located in Louisville, Kentucky at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, June 8, 2020.
“We are pleased to receive approval from the Governor of Kentucky to get our team members back to work and to welcome our guests back to Derby City Gaming using national best practices and in compliance with all state and local requirements,” said Bill Carstanjen, CEO of CDI. “We look forward to, once again, contributing to the state and local economy because we know a strong horse racing industry means a strong Kentucky.”
All CDI properties will implement and practice the “CDI 360 Degree Approach to Safety,” which includes initiatives to facilitate social distancing, personal protection and enhanced cleaning. Some of these protocols include:
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of all high-touch surfaces, including door handles and gaming machines;
- Mandatory temperature checks of all guests and team members upon entering the building;
- Installation of plexiglass or polycarbonate dividers in areas of high touch transactions;
- Increased placement of hand sanitizer dispensers and sanitary wipes throughout properties;
- Providing personal protective equipment (PPE) to team members;
- Utilizing visual aids to assist with measuring social distancing;
- Capacity restrictions across all customer and team member areas, including gaming floors and restaurants; and
- Required training for all team members on safety protocols.
About Churchill Downs Incorporated
Churchill Downs Incorporated is an industry-leading racing, online wagering and gaming entertainment company anchored by our iconic flagship event – The Kentucky Derby. We own and operate Derby City Gaming, a historical racing machine facility in Louisville, Kentucky. We also own and operate the largest online horse racing wagering platform in the U.S., TwinSpires.com, and we operate sports betting and iGaming through our BetAmerica platform in multiple states. We are also a leader in brick-and-mortar casino gaming with approximately 11,000 slot machines and video lottery terminals and 200 table games in eight states. Additional information about CDI can be found online at www.churchilldownsincorporated.com.