LAS VEGAS — Putting a spotlight on the continued strength of the tribal gaming industry, Global Gaming Expo (G2E) 2019 will present a robust lineup of tribal gaming-related content for G2E 2019, including opening keynote speaker, D.J. Eagle Bear Vanas, the internationally-acclaimed motivational storyteller, leadership speaker and member of the Ottawa Nation. G2E, the world’s premier international gaming trade show presented by the American Gaming Association (AGA) and organized by Reed Exhibitions, will be held from October 14-17 (Education: October 14-17 | Expo Hall: October 15-17) at the Las Vegas Sands.
“Tribal gaming is a true success story in communities across the country and an essential component of G2E’s educational program,” said Allie Barth, vice president of industry relations for the American Gaming Association.
“D.J. Vanas is a pioneer in the tribal community and is an asset to our tribal gaming educational program,” said Korbi Carrison, G2E’s event director. “We are thrilled to have him share his leadership and intuition with the world’s top gaming leaders at G2E.”
Vanas is the author of the celebrated books The Tiny Warrior: A Path to Personal Discovery & Achievement and Spirit on the Run. A former military officer, he shows organizations how to practically apply the power of the warrior spirit to perform at their best, stay resilient and thrive in tough, changing environments.
Notable tribal gaming content in the education series includes:
- Tribal Leadership Roundtable: The Next Five Years for Tribal Gaming
- Stephanie Bryan, Tribal Chair & CEO, Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- Mark Macarro, Tribal Chairman, Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians
- Ernie Stevens, Jr., Chairman & National Spokesperson, National Indian Gaming Association
- Victor Rocha, President, Victor Strategies (Moderator)
- Sports Betting in Indian Country: The Rules, Regulations & Best Practices for Tribal Gaming
- Neal Atkinson, Director of Table Games, Pearl River Resorts
- Jonodev Chaudhuri, Chairman, Indian Law and Policy Group
- Matthew Morgan, Director of Gaming Affairs, Chickasaw Nation
- Christopher T. Stearns, Counsel, Hobbs Straus Dean & Walker LLP
- Valerie Spicer, Executive Director, Arizona Indian Gaming Association (Moderator)
- Esports, Mobile Gaming & Sports Wagering: What Role Does the Tribal Gaming Regulator Play
- Jamie Hummingbird, Director, Cherokee Nation Gaming Commission
- Tribal Gaming Protection Network: Cybersecurity & I.T. Risks – Securing Your Property in the 21st Century
About Global Gaming Expo
Global Gaming Expo (G2E), the largest gathering of global, commercial and tribal gaming professionals in the world, showcases the latest developments in gaming technology and features new educational content that is fast-paced and actionable. Attendees will experience firsthand the new products and innovative technologies showcased on the expo floor. G2E has everything you need for your casino floor and across your entire operation—from traditional casino fare to non-gaming amenities and digital products—G2E is where business growth is accelerated.
The American Gaming Association is the premier national trade group representing the $261 billion U.S. casino industry, which supports 1.8 million jobs nationwide. AGA members include commercial and tribal casino operators, suppliers and other entities affiliated with the gaming industry. It is the mission of the AGA to achieve sound policies and regulations consistent with casino gaming’s modern appeal and vast economic contributions.