LAS VEGAS, Nov. 4, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — SciPlay Corporation (NASDAQ: SCPL) (“SciPlay” or the “Company”) today reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2020.
Third Quarter 2020 Financial Highlights vs. Third Quarter 2019
- Third quarter revenue was $151.2 million. Mobile revenue of $131.8 million was up 35%, which was 750 bps above market growth according to Eilers & Krejcik.
- Net income increased 40% to $35.1 million, with a net income margin of 23.2%, up from $25.0 million and 21.5%.
- AEBITDA, a non-GAAP measure defined below, was $49.3 million, an increase of 54%, and AEBITDA margin of 32.6%, an increase of 510 bps.
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $56.4 million, an increase of $22.6 million reflecting strong results.
- Cash and cash equivalents increased $99.7 million year to date to $210.3 million, which was driven by strong revenue results and high conversion of AEBITDA to cash.
Key Performance Highlights vs. Third Quarter 2019
- Payer conversion rates reached a quarterly record of 7.3%, continuing to validate our focus on live operations to drive increased player interaction with our games.
- Average monthly revenue per payer increased 11% to $94.10.
- ARPDAU (average revenue per daily active user) increased 34% to $0.63.
- Mobile penetration increased 300 basis points to 87%.
Josh Wilson, Chief Executive Officer of SciPlay, said, “The third quarter represented another strong quarter as we outperformed the market with year over year revenue growth of 30%, driven by execution of our live ops strategy to increase monetization of games and franchises that players love to play. Our baseline remains above pre-COVID-19 levels even as the tailwind from “stay at home” begins to normalize. I’m really excited for the remainder of this year, 2021 and beyond as we begin to make inroads into the casual space, which will augment the growth in our social casino games. As we navigate the current environment, we remain focused on taking advantage of the many opportunities ahead of us that will help us to maximize value for our shareholders.”
Mike Cody, Chief Financial Officer of SciPlay, added “Our evergreen franchises drove 30% revenue growth this quarter and the operating leverage in our business drove even stronger increases in Net Income and AEBITDA. Payer conversion was a quarterly record of 7.3% as we continue to effectively executive our live ops strategy to drive maximum player engagement. We also ended the quarter in a strong cash position with $360 million in available liquidity providing ample resources to continue to grow the Company. We are on track integrating Come2Play into the company and are making progress toward a launch of Solitaire Pets Adventure in 2021 that will expand our addressable market and diversify our revenue base as the games scale.”
Earnings Conference Call
SciPlay executive leadership will host a conference call on Wednesday, November 4, 2020, at 5:30 p.m. ET to review the Company’s third quarter results. To access the call live via a listen-only webcast and presentation, please visit http://www.sciplay.com/investors/ and click on the webcast link under the Investor Information section. To access the call by telephone, please dial: +1 (412) 317-0790 (U.S. and International) and ask to join the SciPlay Corporation call. A replay of the webcast will be archived in the Investors section at www.sciplay.com/investors/.
We are a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms. We currently offer seven core games, including four social casino games and three primary casual games. Our social casino games typically include slots-style game play and occasionally include table games-style game play, while our casual games blend slots-style or bingo game play with adventure game features. All of our games are offered and played on multiple platforms, which include Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Microsoft. In addition to our internally created game content, our content library includes recognizable, real-world slot and table games content from Scientific Games Corporation. This content allows players who like playing land-based slot machines to enjoy some of those same titles in our free-to-play games.
You can access our filings with the SEC through the SEC website at www.sec.gov or through our website, and we strongly encourage you to do so. We routinely post information that may be important to investors on our website at www.sciplay.com/investors/, and we use our website as a means of disclosing material information to the public in a broad, non-exclusionary manner for purposes of the SEC’s Regulation Fair Disclosure (Reg FD). The information contained on, or that may be accessed through, our website is not incorporated by reference into, and is not a part of, this document, and shall not be deemed “filed” under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.